Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Gotcha for Inline View Indexing

Since Domino FP9, IBM has introduced Inline View Indexing to keep critical views up to date.

So I have gone through the instructions in

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSKTMJ_9.0.1/admin/admn_inline_index_enabling.html

thinking implementing is just easy as ABC but sadly it is not.

I have followed the instructions, restarted Domino, read through it many times but "show dbs * inline views" and "dbcache show inline views" do not show a single view.

Good old IBM Support replied that the DB needs to be on ODS52 and IMAP should not be enabled for the DB.

These requirements are not mentioned in the instructions but my DB has already met the requirements and it is still not working.

In the end, after much research, I found out that transaction logging needs to be enabled in the server for Inline View Indexing to work.

Meanwhile IBM is still working on this problem as I did not update them of my finding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gotcha for Inline View Indexing

Since Domino FP9, IBM has introduced Inline View Indexing to keep critical views up to date. So I have gone through the instructions in ...